Our vision, mission and values
Sacred Heart Primary School is an inclusive community that lives the Mercy values of integrity, compassion, hospitality, and excellence.
We walk together, so all individuals can experience success and become lifelong learners.
Our Values in Action
Luke 6:31 – “Treat others the same way you want them to treat you.”
We act with Integrity. We are accountable, trustworthy and conduct ourselves honestly and ethically.
- build our capacity and engage collaboratively in research-based, best practices in teaching and learning for the progress of our learners
- are inclusive of the needs of our learners and respond so that they experience success.
Matthew 20:34 – “So Jesus had compassion and touched their eyes. And immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed Him.”
We model Compassion and understanding for others every day.
- serve others and seek out opportunities to support those in our community who are in need
- know our students and respect their unique back grounds and needs as learners.
John 13:14 - “If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet.”
We show love and welcome for one another through Hospitality.
- believe in the engagement of families, ensuring that positive partnerships remain strong for the benefit of their children and their progress
- build relationships by making everyone feel welcome and included.
Matthew 5:14 - “You are the light of the world – like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket.”
We believe in Excellence and being our best selves for one another in everything that we do.
- ensure our students see themselves as learners who reflect on their learning and their progress.
- collaborate to ensure excellent learning behaviours and teaching practices.
- ensure our learners know their success, fostering resilience and engagement in the learning process.
- are always prepared for learning and learners have access to quality resources needed for learning.